Theme Park Group Project

For this group project, we were tasked with creating an interactive map for the Magic Kingdom at Disney World. Overall, I feel like the project went fairly well.

One major thing we did that I believe made a huge impact on our project was our efficient and robust planning. We took all the time that we needed in the planning phase, so when it came time to actual coding, there wouldn’t be any unnecessary hiccups in our process. I also feel like our communication throughout the project was really fantastic.

One thing that I feel could have been an opportunity for improvement is the way that we, specifically me, coded a few things. Mainly, the accordions for the sidebar. I think that if I made the choice to write a few simple functions to just show/hide the information on click, instead of using accordions, it would have taken less time, and would have freed me up to help out with other things. However, I am very happy with the way that it turned out, so it’s kind of up in the air whether or not I would code it the same way, given a second opportunity.

So to sum it all up, I enjoyed this group project. It was a good opportunity for me to practice working with others in which their skill level varies. It also gave me a chance to relearn and practice some things that I have trouble with, such as promises and APIs.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *